I purchased Daphne’s woolen rug pattern (Lorraine) because it looked so similar—or reminiscent—of one I had just completed knitting from scrap yarn. I used three strands of fingering weight yarn throughout: black for the main color and contrasting random strands of fingering weight colored yarns left over from having knit many, many pairs of socks. The contrasting colors/stripes were also made of three different sock yarn strands held together. I was very pleasantly surprised about how all the squares blended together nicely.Although the blanket is heavy, being comprised of 120 separate 5-1/2”squares crocheted together, it didn’t really make a significant dent in my leftover sock yarn stash! So, I guess there may be more of these in my future, although I’m thinking of modifying it somewhat so that I don’t have so many small squares to crochet together. Daphne’s woolen rug gave me inspiration for another. I’ll send you pictures if and when I complete the next one. In the meantime, here are some pictures of the one I have finished this fall. You are welcome to use it in your gallery if you wish.