This is my version of The Epping Textured Sampler Knee-rug. I was quite ambitious with my plan of outlining each square in black. Plus reducing knitting time by knitting the project in blocks of four with black In between. I tried several ways of adding the black lines, first by adding the black as I worked as each block had a black border. Tension got the better of me and I abandoned that idea and compromised by picking up stitches after I had finished the block of squares and sewing that block to the next completed one.
My rug is far from perfect and while I do like the effect of the offset squares I have to be very honest and say that effect is because I was not careful enough with my measurements. I did greatly enjoy the exercise of trying all the stitches and added a few of my own.
All in all this has been a very worthwhile exercise.